In order to secure the resources ICERMediation needs to exist and carry out its mission and work effectively and efficiently, we have established a vital organizational structure. The proposed structure of ICERMediation includes the management and advisory levels, membership, administration and staff, and their interconnections and inter-responsibilities. ICERMediation’s long term goal is to create and build an international network or community of peace advocates (Peace Council), effective and efficient Board members (Board of Directors), elders, traditional rulers/leaders or representatives of ethnic, religious and indigenous groups around the world (World Elders Forum), vibrant and engaging membership, as well as functioning and active staff, spearheading the implementation of the organization’s mandate from the secretariat in collaboration with partners.
The Peace Council is the highest policy-making and governing organ of ICERMediation. Comprised of outstanding and reputable leaders and representatives from Member Countries, the Peace Council convenes annually to execute the following functions:
- Confirmation and approval of the appointment of the President of the Organization.
- Confirmation of the members of the World Elders Forum.
- Adoption and approval of the Organization’s financial regulations and annual budget.
- Recommendations for and approval of bilateral, multilateral cooperation and international agreements.
- Recommendations for the establishment of public or private partnerships in view of the work of the Organization.
- Recommendations for new initiatives based upon vital issues within the purview of the Organization.
- Nomination, approval and admission of new Peace Council members.
If you are interested in joining the Peace Council or would like to recommend a leader or representative from your country, please send email.
The Board of Directors
Yacouba Isaac Zida, Former Prime Minister and President of Burkina Faso
Anthony ('Tony') Moore, Founder, Chairman & CEO at Evrensel Capital Partners PLC
The appointment of these two leaders was confirmed on February 24, 2022 during the leadership meeting of the organization. According to Dr. Basil Ugorji, President and CEO of the International Center for Ethno-Religious Mediation, the mandate given to Mr. Zida and Mr. Moore is centered on strategic leadership and fiduciary responsibility for the sustainability and scalability of the conflict resolution and peacebuilding work of the organization.
Building an infrastructure of peace in the 21st century requires the commitment of successful leaders from a variety of professions and regions. We are thrilled to welcome them into our organization and have high hopes for the progress we will make together in promoting a culture of peace around the world, Dr. Ugorji added.
Headed by the President of the Organization and the Chief Operating Officer, ICERMediation’s Secretariat is divided into nine departments: Research, Education and Training, Expert Consultation, Dialogue and Mediation, Rapid Response Projects, Development and Fundraising, Public Relations and Legal Affairs, Human Resources, and Finance & Budget.
President of the Organization
Basil Ugorji, Ph.D., President and CEO
- Ph.D. in Conflict Analysis and Resolution from Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- Master of Arts in Philosophy from Université de Poitiers, France
- Diploma in French Language Studies from Centre International de Recherche et d’Étude des Langues (CIREL), Lomé, Togo
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Permanent Mission of ICERM to the United Nations
The International Center for Ethno-Religious Mediation (ICERMediation) is one of the few organizations that have been granted Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
Consultative status for an organization enables it to actively engage with the United Nations ECOSOC and its subsidiary bodies, as well as with the United Nations Secretariat, programs, funds and agencies in a number of ways.
Attendance at Meetings and Access to the United Nations
ICERMediation’s Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) entitles ICERMediation to designate official representatives to the United Nations Headquarters in New York and the United Nations offices in Geneva and Vienna. ICERMediation’s Representatives will be able to register for and actively participate in events, conferences and activities of the United Nations, as well as sit as observers at public meetings of ECOSOC and its subsidiary bodies, General Assembly, Human Rights Council and other United Nations intergovernmental decision-making bodies.
Meet the Representatives of ICERM to the United Nations
Journal of Living Together Editorial Board / Peer Review Panel
Publisher: International Center for Ethno-Religious Mediation (ICERMediation)
Peer Review Panel:
- Matthew Simon Ibok, Ph.D., Nova Southeastern University, USA
- Sheikh Gh.Waleed Rasool, Ph.D., Riphah International University, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Kumar Khadka, Ph.D., Kenneshaw State University, USA
- Habib ur Rahman, Ph.D., Sarhad University of Science & Information Technology, Peshawar, Pakistan
- Egodi Uchendu, Ph.D., University of Nigeria Nsukka, Nigeria
- Kelly James Clark, Ph.D., Grand Valley State University, Allendale, Michigan, USA
- Ala Uddin, Ph.D., University of Chittagong, Chittagong, Bangladesh
- Qamar Abbas, Ph.D. Candidate, RMIT University, Australia
- Don John O. Omale, Ph.D., Federal University Wukari, Taraba State, Nigeria
- Segun Ogungbemi, Ph.D., Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba, Ondo State, Nigeria
- Stanley Mgbemena, Ph.D., Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka Anambra State, Nigeria
- Ben R. Ole Koissaba, Ph.D., Association for the Advancement of Educational Research, USA
- Anna Hamling, Ph.D., University of New Brunswick, Fredericton , NB, Canada
- Paul Kanyinke Sena, Ph.D., Egerton University, Kenya; Indigenous Peoples of Africa Coordinating Committee
- Simon Babs Mala, Ph.D., University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- Hilda Dunkwu, Ph.D., Stevenson University, USA
- Michael DeValve, Ph.D., Bridgewater State University, USA
- Timothy Longman, Ph.D., Boston University, USA
- Roselyn Onyegbula, Ph.D., Nova Southeastern University, USA
- Evelyn Namakula Mayanja, Ph.D., University of Manitoba, Canada
- Mark Chingono, Ph.D., University of Swaziland, Kingdom of Swaziland
- Arthur Lerman, Ph.D., Mercy College, New York, USA
- Stefan Buckman, Ph.D. Candidate, Nova Southeastern University, USA
- Richard Queeney, Ph.D., Bucks County Community College, USA
- Robert Moody, Ph.D. Candidate, Nova Southeastern University, USA
- Giada Lagana, Ph.D., Cardiff University, UK
- Autumn L. Mathias, Ph.D., Elms College, Chicopee, MA, USA
- Augustine Ugar Akah, Ph.D., University of Kiel, Germany
- John Kisilu Reuben, Ph.D., Kenyan Military, Kenya
Layout & Design: Muhammad Danish
All inquiries about sponsorship opportunities for the upcoming journal issues should be sent to the publisher through our contact page.
Would you like to work with us? Visit our careers page to apply for any position(s) of your choice