In order to secure the resources ICERMediation needs to exist and carry out its mission and work effectively and efficiently, we have established a vital organizational structure. The proposed structure of ICERMediation includes the management and advisory levels, membership, administration and staff, and their interconnections and inter-responsibilities. ICERMediation’s long term goal is to create and build an international network or community of peace advocates (Peace Council), effective and efficient Board members (Board of Directors), elders, traditional rulers/leaders or representatives of ethnic, religious and indigenous groups around the world (World Elders Forum), vibrant and engaging membership, as well as functioning and active staff, spearheading the implementation of the organization’s mandate from the secretariat in collaboration with partners.
Global Peace and Development Council
The Global Peace and Development Council is a multinational group of leaders from various countries around the world.
Global Peace and Development Council members are carefully selected to represent ICERMediation in their countries as Peace Ambassadors.
Members of the Global Peace and Development Council are committed to the mission of building civic bridges worldwide.
Members seek to build partnerships for inclusion, justice, sustainable development, and peace.
The role of the Global Peace and Development Council is similar to that of the United Nations General Assembly.
Global Peace and Development Council members meet annually in New York in the third week of September.
Global Peace and Development Council members are also encouraged to participate in the Annual International Conference on Ethnic and Religious Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding held in New York during the last week of September.
The maximum number of leaders accepted to represent each country in the Global Peace and Development Council is four.
Group of leaders nominated to represent their country in the Global Peace and Development Council must be ethnically, racially or religiously diverse and gender balanced.
All Global Peace and Development Council members must sign up for the ICERMediation’s Backer Membership.
Leaders from the private and public sectors who wish to represent their country in the Global Peace and Development Council can contact us by email.
Individuals or organizations that want to nominate up to four leaders to represent their country in the Global Peace and Development Council can also contact us by email.
Board of Directors
Yacouba Isaac Zida, Former Prime Minister and President of Burkina Faso
Anthony ('Tony') Moore, Founder, Chairman & CEO at Evrensel Capital Partners PLC
The appointment of these two leaders was confirmed on February 24, 2022 during the leadership meeting of the organization. According to Dr. Basil Ugorji, President and CEO of the International Center for Ethno-Religious Mediation, the mandate given to Mr. Zida and Mr. Moore is centered on strategic leadership and fiduciary responsibility for the sustainability and scalability of the conflict resolution and peacebuilding work of the organization.
Building an infrastructure of peace in the 21st century requires the commitment of successful leaders from a variety of professions and regions. We are thrilled to welcome them into our organization and have high hopes for the progress we will make together in promoting a culture of peace around the world, Dr. Ugorji added.
Headed by the President of the Organization and the Chief Operating Officer, ICERMediation’s Secretariat is divided into nine departments: Research, Education and Training, Expert Consultation, Dialogue and Mediation, Rapid Response Projects, Development and Fundraising, Public Relations and Legal Affairs, Human Resources, and Finance & Budget.
President of the Organization
Basil Ugorji, Ph.D., President and CEO
- Ph.D. in Conflict Analysis and Resolution from Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- Master of Arts in Philosophy from Université de Poitiers, France
- Diploma in French Language Studies from Centre International de Recherche et d’Étude des Langues (CIREL), Lomé, Togo
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Permanent Mission of ICERMediation to the United Nations
The International Center for Ethno-Religious Mediation (ICERMediation) is one of the few organizations that have been granted Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
Consultative status for an organization enables it to actively engage with the United Nations ECOSOC and its subsidiary bodies, as well as with the United Nations Secretariat, programs, funds and agencies in a number of ways.
Attendance at Meetings and Access to the United Nations
ICERMediation’s Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) entitles ICERMediation to designate official representatives to the United Nations Headquarters in New York and the United Nations offices in Geneva and Vienna. ICERMediation’s Representatives will be able to register for and actively participate in events, conferences and activities of the United Nations, as well as sit as observers at public meetings of ECOSOC and its subsidiary bodies, General Assembly, Human Rights Council and other United Nations intergovernmental decision-making bodies.
Meet the Representatives of ICERMediation to the United Nations
Editorial Board / Peer Review Panel
Peer Review Panel
- Matthew Simon Ibok, Ph.D., Nova Southeastern University, USA
- Sheikh Gh.Waleed Rasool, Ph.D., Riphah International University, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Kumar Khadka, Ph.D., Kenneshaw State University, USA
- Egodi Uchendu, Ph.D., University of Nigeria Nsukka, Nigeria
- Kelly James Clark, Ph.D., Grand Valley State University, Allendale, Michigan, USA
- Ala Uddin, Ph.D., University of Chittagong, Chittagong, Bangladesh
- Qamar Abbas, Ph.D. Candidate, RMIT University, Australia
- Don John O. Omale, Ph.D., Federal University Wukari, Taraba State, Nigeria
- Segun Ogungbemi, Ph.D., Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba, Ondo State, Nigeria
- Stanley Mgbemena, Ph.D., Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka Anambra State, Nigeria
- Ben R. Ole Koissaba, Ph.D., Association for the Advancement of Educational Research, USA
- Anna Hamling, Ph.D., University of New Brunswick, Fredericton , NB, Canada
- Paul Kanyinke Sena, Ph.D., Egerton University, Kenya; Indigenous Peoples of Africa Coordinating Committee
- Simon Babs Mala, Ph.D., University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- Hilda Dunkwu, Ph.D., Stevenson University, USA
- Michael DeValve, Ph.D., Bridgewater State University, USA
- Timothy Longman, Ph.D., Boston University, USA
- Evelyn Namakula Mayanja, Ph.D., University of Manitoba, Canada
- Mark Chingono, Ph.D., University of Swaziland, Kingdom of Swaziland
- Arthur Lerman, Ph.D., Mercy College, New York, USA
- Stefan Buckman, Ph.D., Nova Southeastern University, USA
- Richard Queeney, Ph.D., Bucks County Community College, USA
- Robert Moody, Ph.D. candidate, Nova Southeastern University, USA
- Giada Lagana, Ph.D., Cardiff University, UK
- Autumn L. Mathias, Ph.D., Elms College, Chicopee, MA, USA
- Augustine Ugar Akah, Ph.D., University of Kiel, Germany
- John Kisilu Reuben, Ph.D., Kenyan Military, Kenya
- Wolbert G. C. Smidt, Ph.D., Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Germany
- Jawad Kadir, Ph.D., Lancaster University, UK
- Angi Yoder-Maina, Ph.D.
- Jude Aguwa, Ph.D., Mercy College, New York, USA
- Adeniyi Justus Aboyeji, Ph.D., University of Ilorin, Nigeria
- John Kisilu Reuben, Ph.D., Kenya
- Badru Hasan Segujja, Ph.D., Kampala International University, Uganda
- George A. Genyi, Ph.D., Federal University of Lafia, Nigeria
- Sokfa F. John, Ph.D., University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Qamar Jafri, Ph.D., Universitas Islam Indonesia
- Member George Genyi, Ph.D., Benue State University, Nigeria
- Hagos Abrha Abay, Ph.D., University of Hamburg, Germany
Layout & Design: Muhammad Danish
All inquiries about sponsorship opportunities for the upcoming journal issues should be sent to the publisher through our contact page.
Would you like to work with us? Visit our careers page to apply for any position(s) of your choice